Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Deuteronomy


I just ended my bible reading on the book of Numbers, wow, all the names really does get me to somewhere.But, I did learned a great deal of God and how He dealt with the rebelliousness of His people and even the leaders. Although the people rebel against Him, He still carries on with His plan and continue to use the people to do His workd of redeeming a lost world.

Now, I'm entering into a new book Deuteronomy, it's good to have some understanding of what the book we are reading before we actually start reading it. This is my second time reading the bible, the first time I finished the whole bible but with less understanding about it, especially the Old Testament. This time, I want to have some good understanding of the OT before proceed on. Thank God I had a Study Bible and also a Bible Dictionary (given by someone) for me to refer at all times which helped me a lot.

Deuteronomy are all about God's promises and the covenant. In this book, we learn to renew our covenant relationship with God and what happens if we do not. Being obedience is total allegiance to God's standards, not your interpretations. Obedience means loving people you want to hate. Obedience means destroying what has been your top priority and pleasure. Obedience means involvement in God's work and nothing else. Obedience means becoming strange in the world you now live in. This book is great, I pray by the end of the day, I will be able to truly build a stronger relationship with God and at the same time also let God speak to me through the OT.

No comments: