Monday, May 21, 2007

Be Strong and Don't Give Up

Life’s obstacles are so complicated
Yet we still need to live on
There’s a mandate and responsibility for us
To take up the cross and to move on
This race I’m running is all for You
Though the process might be suffering
Yet the more difficult it is
The more You will expand Your kindness to me
I choose to walk this journey
Because I know You gave me strength
And help me through in whatever it befalls
I will stay strong and won’t give up because of You
Copyright © 2006 by Lydia Chong
I wrote this poem by the inspiration that reminds me of not to give up though sometimes we faced so many toils and snares which are so suffering and painful yet no one understands us but only God knows best. I really would not know what will happen if I would have chosen my own way and not His. I am grateful and I give thanks that this way that I have chosen is the right way, and till now I have not regret choosing this way because I know it will not bring me to no where and I trust that it will sure leads me to somewhere that He promise it is a place I can call home.
To those who read this blog, I want to encourage you that our Heavenly Father taught us how to walk, and He always took His children by their arms and drew them with gentle cords, with bands of love. We can refer to Hosea 11:3-4 It was I who thought Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them. I led them with cords of Human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them. This verse reminds me of how blessed I am to have my parents who for so many years never give up on me, they are the one that reach out their hands and encourage me to walk towards them. They held my hands and they praised every effort and encouraged every attempt, they never grew discouraged nor did they give up until I learned to walk.

Our Heavenly Father stands before us with outstretched arms, encouraging us towards holiness, eager to catch us when we stumble. He picks us when we fall. He is never discouraged with our progress, nor will He ever give up. The more difficult we find the process, the more care and kindness He expends.

God will help us when we cannot walk and He will help us when we find it hard to walk but He cannot help us if we will not walk Even though you fall, you must try again. Your Father holds you by the hand. We can’t run the Christian race until we learn to walk.

No comments: